School Volunteers bring with them many diverse skills and talents that are tailored to the needs of the students and the community. Each year, more than 25,000 volunteers share their time and talents enriching the lives of students in our schools.
Today, more than ever before, the services of the community are needed to strengthen our educational programs.
Volunteers are always welcomed at Cesar Chavez Academy Middle School.
Volunteering in a school is an experience and a privilege for both the school and the volunteer. It is designed to promote and maintain a supportive relationship with the students, teachers, and school staff.
Please help keep our program running smoothly by following these guidelines:
* Sign in at the office when you arrive at school.
* Wear your volunteer name tag.
* Sign out at the office when you leave.
* Return your volunteer name tag.
As a volunteer, please ...
* Respect confidences of student and school personnel.
* Follow the guidelines established by the school such as dress code, hours of work, adult behavior, values and all regulations, rules, and policies stated for school employees and volunteers.
* Use reasonable judgment in making decisions, then as soon as possible, consult with school staff for future guidance.
* Be considerate, respect competencies and work as a member of the team with the staff and students. Realize that you do not have instructional, evaluation, decision-making or teaching responsibilities for students, but are expected to enrich and extend learning opportunities for students and promote educational excellence for the school system.
The effective volunteer:
* is cooperative with the administration and teaching personnel.
* is sincerely concerned about students.
* is willing to be discreet, sincere, dedicated and punctual.
* recognizes the individuality of each student.
* respects the teacher or staff member's ultimate responsibility for the health, welfare and education of each student.
* cooperates, coordinates and communicates continually with school administrators, faculty members, and staff.
* provides the teacher or staff member with the satisfaction of knowing that the student's needs are being met and that quality education is being promoted, extended and enriched.
* receives the sincere gratitude of the total school community.